Information SLH collects from you
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your computer or device browser from a website, such as slh.com. This data is stored on your hard drive if your browser preferences allow it. Each website can send cookies but, to protect your privacy, websites are only allowed to read the data stored in cookies that they have sent to you. Websites cannot read cookies set by other websites.
During the course of a visit to a website, the pages you see, as well as any cookies, are downloaded from the website to your device. Websites do this to enable website publishers (like SLH) to find out useful information about your device (and also its user). It also allows the website to recognise whether you have visited the website before, by checking if a particular cookie already exists.
The information we collect from cookies allows us to profile visitors to our website, and can help us provide them with a better experience. For example, if they have previously looked at a particular hotel – we can store this information in a cookie and provide details of special offers and rates for that hotel on subsequent visits.
Third Party Cookies on SLH pages
SLH uses a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our behalf in order to deliver additional data and information about how people use our websites. Our partner’s use this data on our behalf to allow us to optimise our pages and deliver personalised content to our users.
Cookies used on SLH
This is a list of the cookies used across the slh.com website (desktop, iPad and mobile versions) and what they are used for:
- ARPT - Used to route your requests to one of the slh.com servers. This cookie is deleted each time you close your web browser.
- ASP.NET_SessionId - Used to uniquely identify you as a user in between page loads, allowing us to remember settings you may have made. This cookie is deleted each time you close your web browser.
- SearchWidget -Used to remember your hotel search settings – so we can find hotel rooms that match your given requirements across multiple page loads.
- PriceCurrency - Used to remember your selected currency – so we can show you hotel prices in that currency.
- LanguageSelector - Used to remember your preferred language – so we can forward you to the correct version of our content.
- RecentlyViewed - Used to store a list of any hotels you have looked at recently – so we can show you a list of hotels you have viewed.
- RememberMe - Used to remember your Club membership number – so you don’t have to type it in when you want to log in to the Club.
- Resolution - Used when viewing our mobile site (slh.com/m) – so we can send images which are the best match to your screen size.
- MobileToggle - Used to prevent mobile devices from being redirected to the mobile version of our site – so that you can choose to view our full site instead.
- .EPiServerLogin - Used to allow you to log in to the Club member area of the site.
- .ASPXROLES - Used to identify the permissions that your Club member account has.
Third Party Cookies
SLH uses a number of suppliers who also set cookies when the SLH websites are used, in order to deliver the services that we want them to provide. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please see their individual privacy policies listed below.
- Google (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz) - Used for Google Analytics. This measures visitor behaviour and usage patterns, such as the time spent on site, number of visits or pages viewed during a visit. All information is anonymous and reports always show aggregate, not individual data. More information is available at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- The Search Agency (tsa1v808, tsa1s808, tsa1v808, tsa1s808) - Used for The Search Agency’s AdMax tool. This tracks visits and orders when a user has arrived on our site from a paid search advert (eg. Google Adwords) and allows us to improve our search marketing campaigns.
- Struq pref - Used for Struq’s Personalised Display. This allows you to receive personalised adverts based on the hotels you have viewed on the SLH site. Each advert contains an opt-out button allowing you to opt-out. More information is available at http://struq.com/consumer-opt-out/
- AddThis (xtc, utc) - Used for AddThis share functionality. This collects data to personalise your sharing experience and provides analytics to help discover what content is being shared. More information is available at http://www.addthis.com/privacy/privacy-policy/