Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
SLH Gift Certificates in Euros, Pounds Sterling and US Dollars are issued by and are the property of Small Luxury Hotels of the World Limited whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH, United Kingdom (“SLH”).
SLH Gift Certificates are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions and by purchasing an SLH Gift Certificate you will be deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
SLH Gift Certificates are issued for redemption at any participating SLH member hotel in exchange for the provision of either (a) any accommodation, services or benefits equivalent in value to its full face value or (b) a composite 'experience' or package of accommodation, services or benefits as described on www.slh.com and they, or any combination of them, are referred to in these terms and conditions as "the benefits”.
SLH member hotels participating in the redemption of SLH Gift Certificates and provision of the benefits are those identified as such on www.slh.com at the time when the SLH Gift Certificate is presented for redemption and they, or any one of them, are referred to in these terms and conditions as "SLH hotel".
Each SLH Gift Certificate features a unique reference code and date stamp and:
- Gift certificates may only be used for whole or part payment for room bookings in any of our "member hotels" (each a "hotel"). A "member hotel" is defined as any hotel, that is featured on slh.com as being a member hotel, at the time of redeeming the gift voucher.
- Gift certificates are redeemable subject to availability at the discretion of SLH hotels.
- Its rendemption will be subject to the availability of the benefits at SLH hotels which are offered at the discretion of SLH hotels.
- All room bookings exchanged for Gift Certificates must be pre-booked (online at www.slh.com), The Gift Certificate(s) must be presented upon check-in at the hotel prior to any services being used.
- Gift Certificates may not be exchanged wholly or partly for cash [nor will any change be given].
- Gift Certificates are valid for 15 months from the date of issue and may not be redeemed beyond that period.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the loss or theft of Gift Certificates. Gift Certificates are not replaceable if lost, damaged, stolen or expired and are void if altered, photocopied or reproduced.
- Your use of Gift Certificates at certain destinations may be subject to government approvals, regulations, restrictions and applicable taxes of the respective destination.
- If your use of Gift Certificates raises any tax liability on you, including disclosure, then such liability is your sole responsibility.
- Gift Certificates are only valid when displaying a voucher number, holographic strip and date stamp.
- Member hotels will require a credit card deposit when taking a booking for accommodation.
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World reserves the right not to accept damamged or defaced certificates.
- May be redeemed once for its full face value within its period of validity at an SLH hotel in exchange for the benefits.
- In the event that the value of the SLH Gift Certificate does not cover the full cost of the accommodation, food, beverages or other services provided by the SLH hotel then the balance must be paid by the redeemer of the SLH Gift Certificate to the SLH hotel in cash or by valid debit/credit card and the SLH hotel may require a valid debit/credit card deposit for such costs when accepting a reservation or redeeming the SLH Gift Certificate.
- If issued in a currency other than the official currency of the SLH hotel at which it is redeemed then it will be converted at full face value into the official currency of the redeeming SLH hotel at the prevailing foreign exchange rate then offered by that SLH hotel.
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without notice.
Any accommodation reservation relating to an SLH Gift Certificate issued for a composite ‘experience’ or package of accommodation, services or benefits must be made directly with the chosen SLH hotel.
Any accommodation reservation made at an SLH hotel involving an SLH Gift Certificate will be subject to the standard SLH Reservation Terms and Conditions which are set out at www.slh.com/terms and to the terms and conditions of the chosen SLH hotel which are available from it on request.
SLH acts solely as the issuer of SLH Gift Certificates and upon redemption of the SLH Gift Certificate the legal contract for provision of the benefits and any other services is made with the SLH hotel which thereafter assumes full responsibility and liability for the provision of such benefits and any other services and it is a condition of the sale of the Gift Certificate that SLH has no liability whatsoever for the provision of any benefits or any related issues or consequences.
Any use of the SLH web-site www.slh.com or any related SLH web-site will be subject to the policies, terms and conditions displayed on or accessible from the web-site.
SLH Gift Certificates are subject to the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes.