Terms and Conditions
JOIN INVITED & ENTER YOUR PREFERENCES OR TELL US YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE TO BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW (“PRIZE DRAW”) FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A DREAM HOLIDAY WORTH UP TO £10,000 OR OTHER PRIZES
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions (“T&Cs”)
- In these T&Cs words and expressions defined in the Terms and Conditions “Invited” Small Luxury Hotels of the World Loyalty Programme [www.invited.slh.com] (“the Loyalty Programme”) will have the same meaning in these T&Cs.
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World Limited (“SLH”) of 3rd Floor, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BH is the promoter of this Prize Draw
3.1. The Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3.2. The Prize Draw is open to those aged eighteen (18) years or older except SLH employees (including of SLH group companies), members of SLH employees’ immediate family, agents or any other person involved in the administration of the Prize Draw.
3.3. SLH will not be held responsible for any individual who unlawfully enters into the Prize Draw.
How to Enter
4.1. In order to enter the Prize Draw you must during the period noted in 4.2 below: -
- Join INVITED (invited.slh.com/join) or if you would like to transfer your Club of SLH membership to INVITED, transfer your account here. In either case, joining is free of charge.
- Complete My Preferences or complete My £10,000 Dream Adventure form here.
By completing these steps you will be automatically entered into the Prize Draw.
4.2. The opening date for entries is Tuesday 5th September 2017. The closing date for entries is Sunday 31st December 2017 at 11.59 pm GMT.
4.3. SLH has the right to end, suspend or amend the Prize Draw at any time.
5.1. Entry is limited to one (1) entry per Member.
5.2. Members may only use one (1) valid email address to enter the Prize Draw. Members may not use multiple email addresses to enter the Prize Draw. Any Member who submits any entry for the Prize Draw through more than one (1) email address will be disqualified. SLH accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
6.1. The winners will be selected by random draw performed by computer process. A winner cannot win more than one prize as part of the Prize Draw.
6.2. The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) no later than Monday 8th January 2018. Notification will specify the prize that has been won.
6.3. In order to redeem a prize, a winner will within five (5) days need to respond to the email notifying the winner of the win, confirming the winner agrees to the use (without prior notice) of his/her name, photo, image and/or likeness and county of residence for announcements, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by SLH and its group companies, assigns and licensees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from the winner. On receipt of this confirmation SLH will email the winner to make arrangements for the prize to be taken. If the winner does not respond within the five (5) day period the prize shall be forfeited and SLH will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
6.4. Prizes must be redeemed within the time periods stated in the Prize Details below. Failure to do so will mean that the prize is forfeited.
7.1. There is one (1) ‘star prize’ which consists of travel and hotel accommodation as follows, up to a maximum aggregate value of ten thousand pounds (£10,000.00):
- Flights or travel for two (2) (based on standard double room accommodation with two people sharing) to a hotel selected by SLH.
- Hotel accommodation for a maximum one (1) week stay at an SLH hotel on dates nominated by SLH.
- The winner must take their prize and complete the hotel stay by Monday 31st December 2018. The booking is non-flexible and once confirmed by SLH, no cancellations or alterations may be made. In the case of cancellation or alteration you will forfeit the prize.
- The winner must cover their own additional costs on top of hotel accommodation and transport including all food, beverages, travel insurance, taxes, and other incidental costs. Costs incurred at the hotel are to be settled prior to departure from, and direct with, the individual hotel. The individual hotel may require card details to be provided on check-in in order to secure these costs.
7.2. There are twenty five (25) weekend break prizes which consist of the following:
Two (2) Complimentary Nights only at an SLH hotel which must be redeemed within a year of the date of issue.
- The arrangement relates to standard double room accommodation only based on two (2) people sharing. Winners are responsible for arranging and paying for transport and travel insurance for them and their guest.
- It is always subject to availability; (i.e. at the hotel’s discretion. If a booking is requested during the hotel’s peak period, or their annual complimentary room night allocation has already been confirmed, they are entitled to deny confirmation).
- The Complimentary Night(s) can only be used with new bookings and therefore cannot be used in conjunction with an existing booking at an SLH participating hotel.
- General online availability and hotel availability for claiming Complimentary Night(s) may differ; the availability of the latter will prevail.
- A minimum of two (2) weeks’ notice must be given to SLH prior to the reservation date.
- All reservation requests must be made by email only at email@example.com.
- All food, beverages, taxes, and other incidental costs incurred by the winners and guests are to be settled prior to departure from, and direct with, the individual hotel. The hotel may require card details to be provided on check-in in order to secure these costs.
- Complimentary Night(s) are non-flexible, can only be used once and once confirmed by SLH, no alterations or cancellations can be made. In case of alteration or cancellation, you will forfeit the prize.
- “Invited” Benefits accrued under the Loyalty Programme cannot be redeemed in conjunction with this offer.
- Winners who choose to utilise their room night(s) at an all-inclusive SLH hotel or who book to stay in accommodation other than standard double room accommodation will incur an additional charge, which will vary depending on the hotel selected. The hotel may require card details to be provided on check-in in order to secure this charge.
- If a winner wishes to redeem other Complimentary Nights accrued under the Loyalty Programme at the same time as redeeming this prize, a maximum of five (5) Complimentary Nights can be requested per SLH participating hotel, per stay. The term “Complimentary Nights” does not include Reward Nights which cannot be taken in conjunction with Complimentary Nights. Please see the T&Cs for the Loyalty Programme for an explanation of these terms
7.3. There are ten (10) £100.00 SLH gift certificate prizes.
Each winner will win one (1) £100 SLH Gift Certificate which must be redeemed within 15 months of issue date. Full terms and conditions for gift certificates can be viewed here.
8.1. No one other than a Member who has entered the Prize Draw shall have any rights in respect of this Prize Draw whether under these T&Cs or otherwise.
8.2. Members will be responsible for ensuring that they and any person travelling with them are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas, travel insurance and travel documents.
8.3. The decision of SLH regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Prizes are not negotiable nor transferrable. No monetary value can be given in exchange for a Complimentary Night.
8.4. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending [a stamped addressed envelope to Marketing Department, Small Luxury Hotels of the World Management Ltd, 3rd Floor, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BH. OR an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
8.5. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. SLH reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
8.6. SLH has the right to update or amend these T&Cs at any time.
8.7. Any prizes claimed in accordance with these T&Cs will be subject to any amendments made to the T&Cs prior to the date the prize is redeemed. Winners should check these T&CS before redeeming any prizes.
8.8. SLH reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond SLH's control make it necessary to do so.
8.9. Insofar as is permitted by law, SLH, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of SLH, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8.10. Words importing the singular number include the plural and vice versa.
8.11. In the event that any provision of these T&Cs is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, the parties shall amend that provision in such reasonable manner that achieved the intention of the parties without illegality or, at the discretion of SLH, may be severed from the T&Cs and the remaining provisions of the T&Cs shall remain in full force and effect.
8.12. Prize Draws are governed by and subject to the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes arising under these T&Cs.