The recruitment stage is complete
Thank you for your interest in the SLH Secret Service. This campaign has now closed.
SLH has more than 520 hotels that need to be inspected regularly to make sure they come up to scratch as an SLH-worthy experience – whether it’s enjoying a Martini by the pool, a sumptuous massage in the spa, sampling a spot of room service or enjoying a Michelin-starred dining experience. Our team of Mystery Inspectors travel the world to make sure we keep the ‘Luxury’ in Small Luxury Hotels of the World. It's not just lounging about on sun beds though. We need someone dedicated to checking our hotels' best qualities… but also to let us know of any issues that need to be ironed out.
The process is simple. You love to travel. You love hotels. You are committed to seeking out the best of the best. We need someone willing to add on a night or two to their travel plans to scrutinise every tiny detail of the hotel in question, in accordance with our strict set of criteria. We don't pay for your holiday or business trip but we will reimburse your room night/s on your return. We provide you with the tools to inspect each hotel to our demands. We require dedication, loyalty and a desire to ensure our hotels remain the best small, luxury, hotels of the world.
We have 25 mystery inspector roles to fill. If you think you are up to the task, can cope with the checklist and strict inspection standards we insist on, then apply today. Terms and Conditions can be found below.
Send us up to 250 words in an email (no attachments please), telling us why you think you'd make the perfect SLH Mystery Inspector.
Please also include a list (name and location) of 5 luxury hotels where you have previously had a great experience. Add your name, address and occupation and then send your finished application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by midnight (UK time) on Wednesday 30th September 2015.
Explore some of the hotels you may be inspecting
Utter relaxation. Total bliss. There are times when only a beach holiday will do. At our selection of beautiful, small hotels, you’ll find those special spots that seem truly out of this world...Discover Beach Resorts
Country House Hotels
We all need an escape plan – and chances are we hold the perfect solution. Whether your idea of ‘getting away from it all’ involves riding off into the sunset or simply curling in front of a roaring fire with a good book, you’ll have no problem choosing from our out-of-town havens...Discover Country House Hotels
Terms and Conditions
1) The role is non-remunerated. SLH will, however, reimburse one or two nights' accommodation in accordance with the destination travelled to. All travel expenses must be paid for by the individual.
2) You must be available to travel worldwide.
3) You must have previously visited at least five top quality hotels.
4) You must have excellent English skills.
5) You must have a genuine interest in the “world of hotels” and travelling.
6) You must have an appreciation of “unique” experiences.
7) You must have the patience to spend 2-3 hours answering our questions during your travels.
8) You must be able to give constructive criticism and honest, well thought-through comments.
9) SLH will reimburse breakfast, lunch and dinner for the days that the inspection occurs. Spa treatments will also be reimbursed where relevant.
10) SLH will not respond to each application individually. We will respond if you are successful in reaching the next stage of the process.
11) If you are successful, you will receive further information on the role and how it works.
12) You will be interviewed by our Quality Assurance Manager to ensure every aspect is understood.