Reviews by INVITED Members
Worldwide 24/7 Support
- Capital city: Suva on Viti Levu Island.
- Currency: The Fijian Dollar – in $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 notes.
- Cuisine: Don’t miss the fruits of the islands, including fresh fish, cassava and coconuts.Try the Fijian take on ceviche – kokoda. Special celebrations call for lovo, food wrapped and cooked under hot stones.
- Saying hello: ‘Bula’ is the typical Fijian greeting. But you’ll hear English spoken more often than not.
- Tipping etiquette: On the whole, you won’t be expected to tip in Fiji.
WHEN TO GO
Fiji’s awe-inspiring natural beauty shines all year round. From May to October the weather tends to be drier and the temperature cooler. The rest of the year is officially the rainy season, but this is when the landscapes are at their lushest – and the islands are quieter too.
Make for tiny Monuriki for barefoot bliss. This was where Tom Hanks’ character was marooned in the film Castaway.
Top tip from SLH