Reviews by INVITED Members
Worldwide 24/7 Support
- Capital city: Basseterre on St Kitts.
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar – in $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 notes.
- Cuisine: Islanders are enormously proud of their cuisine, which celebrates fresh seafood and tropical fruit. But you’ll come across plenty of Asian influences, too. Wash it all down with the local spirit made from sugar cane.
- Saying hello: You’ll hear most people speaking English, as well as Creole, so simply say ‘hello’.
- Tipping etiquette: Many hotels and restaurants will add a service charge to bills. If they don’t, tipping 10% is typical.
WHEN TO GO
If ever there was a year-round destination, St Kitts & Nevis would be it. Even during the ‘winter’ months, temperatures can tip over 80°F. Rain picks up from June to November, but this is also when some of the islands’ best festivals fall. If you don’t mind a tropical storm, this can be a quieter time to visit.
Walk the aisle at St. John’s Church on Nevis and you’ll be following the footsteps of Frances Nisbet when she married Horatio Nelson.
Top tip from SLH