WANT TO WORK WITH US?
Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ (SLH) is the most desirable community of independently minded travellers and independently spirited hotels in the world. We turned the luxury boutique hotel into a phenomenon back in 1990 and since then we’ve gone to every major capital, taken the path less travelled and journeyed to the edge of the map to seek out and select the distinctive, the diverse and the downright delightful. We've personally visited, vetted and verified over 500 boutique hotels in more than 80 countries. They’re small, perfectly formed and independently owned.
Please note: All our recruitment is for roles working directly for the Small Luxury Hotels of the World brand. We do not recruit for hotel-based positions. Please contact hotels directly should you be looking for such a role.
Social Media Manager
London based (Victoria) with flexible hours and up to two days WFH per week
Salary TBC depending on experience
Start date: 1st October 2021
We are looking for an experienced, creative and passionate Social Media Manager to join our team in London, based in the UK head office. This is a full-time role reporting to the Head of Social and Brand Content, positioned within the marketing team.
You will be responsible for writing, creating, editing, scheduling and monitoring social media posts, as well as community management across all channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube)
As a Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
• Assist with creating social media content and researching interesting hotel and destination stories
• Schedule all content using Sprout Social
• Monitor the social media inbox across all channels- action and respond to incoming messages
• Share social media coverage with stakeholders and compile hotel coverage reports
• Set specific objectives and report on ROI
• Assist the Senior Content Editor with copywriting where necessary – website copy, journal articles, email copy etc.
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
• Assist with facilitating individual blogger stays
• Maintain and update blogger databases globally
• Attend meetings with travel and lifestyle bloggers and influencers
• Assist with devising creative ideas for Instagram Stories, Guides, Reels and Pinterest posts
• Research upcoming trends and updates within the social media landscape
• Support with compiling itineraries and schedules for press trips and photography trips
• Contribute to research as required to support the team in the creation of new campaign ideas, media partnerships and features
Essential skills and requirements
• 2-3 years’ experience running and growing social media channels
• Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram (+Stories, Guides and Reels), TikTok and other social media best practices
• An impeccable eye for visuals and photography
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom
• Knowledge of the ever-evolving social media landscape
• Excellent copywriting and editing skills with an eye for grammar and accuracy
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Interest in travel and hospitality
• Good understanding of social media KPIs
• Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Understanding of the influencer industry
• Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Highly self-motivated and happy working without supervision
Suitable applicants should email a CV and a paragraph telling us why you’re the person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org